Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Songs I currently recommend

Sorry if I have a bad taste in music:

(Song, Band)

Seventeen Forever - Metro Station This is a very catchy brand of indie power pop that makes me happy despite their slightly crap lyrics and overall scene scene appeal (this means they appeal to the scene kids' scene, not the real scene). Listen.

New Soul - Yael Naim Yes, the Macbook Air commercial song. She just has a cute voice and some good piano parts that make this fun to listen to, and her French accent is an A+. Listen.

We Go - Gollbetty The band that renewed my love for ska. They are top notch and even if the lyrics are all in Japanese, this is a good thing because everything else is so amazing I'm not ready to risk having the knowledge that their lyrics suck. They're a good deal and worth listening to. Listen.

Sirens And Sailors - RickoLus I was worried that this wasn't good folk at first but not only is it awesome and not another replica of everything else, David agrees that this guy is lovely. (If you didn't know, David knows everything about music. Because he's David.) Anyway, all of this guys' songs are top notch and worth a listen, especially his remake of Somewhere Out There from An American Tail. Listen.

Good And Ready - Anti-Flag The whole reason I'm writing this blog. I always thought I hated politics and music mixed together, but it just turns out that Green Day sucks. Anyway, speaking of Anti-Flag and their new album that comes out today, I was worried that it was going to be crap but as always, there is nothing wrong with anything they do ever. Okay, well at least what I've heard of it. They're playing in Seattle on the 10th and aside from the fact that I have no way of getting over there, have nobody that would like to go with me, and have no way of paying for it, it's on a Thursday so I wouldn't be able to go anyway. I'll have to live vicariously through other Anti-Flag fans. Listen.

Catch you kids later.

No comments: