Perhaps the best class I ever took in high school was algebra 1 & 2 with Mr. Schleckaway. Schleck had a way of teaching things that no one else could- that's not to say he was any Mr. Carlson but it was the class I enjoyed most during my high school education and that is saying a lot considering I hate math (not a regular hatred, more like a burning-babies kind of hatred). Schleck taught me one thing that will stay with me for the rest of my life: the quadratic formula song.I know that most people have their own version of the song that goes to the tune of "Pop! Goes The Weasel" but that version is wrong. His original melody is what makes the song truly memorable and something I can't really explain over the Internet. I could sing it, but that would just be embarrassing. Because of this song, every time the quadratic formula is presented to me in a math class I get really excited and start singing the song without any restraint.
No comments:
Post a Comment